In most countries internet is still an expensive commodity. Even in other countries wireless internet service providers offer limited data allowance. This requires you to monitor the data usage efficiently. Even if you have unlimited internet access it is a good practice to monitor the network usage. This will not only provides you the network usage information, but also will help to identify the suspicious activities. There are several tools available to monitor the network data usage. Today we are going to introduce a free network monitoring software for your computer.
Networx is a freeware utility for Windows that provides many possible features a bandwidth monitoring tool would require. You can find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is, you can find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume, verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly, detect a suspicious network activity on your computer, perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route and be notified about excessive Internet usage. Following are some of the other important features it offers,
- Clear graphic and/or numeric display.
- Usage reports with export to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Works with dial-up, ISDN, cable modems, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Includes network information & testing tools with advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
- Dial-up session journal with detailed information about every session.
- Absolutely free and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
Networx can also be used on the go, thanks to the portable version that means you don't need to install anything in your computer. When you run this software it just sits in your system tray and monitors bandwidth usage. The wide range of features and easy customizability make this an extremely versatile application.